Southern Health Associates Your Patient Centered Medical Home
Our team of providers work in the field of Family Medicine because they value long term relationships with the patients for whom they provide care. Our mission is to offer exceptional, up to date medical care for all ages in an environment that values respect, compassion, and communication.
Drs Pearlstein and Trantham have provided Family Care to Troy and surrounding communities since 1986. Both physicians are board certified in Family Medicine. The practice is certified by the National Committee for Quality Assurance in Diabetes and is a NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home.
In 2001, the practice welcomed Ms Stacey Jones, CRNP, and in 2007, Ms Katie Branum, CRNP, joined the clinical staff. The practice expanded again in 2012 with the addition of Dr. Eric Law, a Family and Sports Medicine physician, and Mrs. Teresa Law, a Family Nurse Practitioner. Also, we were proud to open our new enlarged, updated facility to offer improved services and access.
We encourage our patients to be active participants for their health and we seek to empower our patients with the tools and knowledge to improve their health by healthy lifestyle choices and sound healthcare decisions.
Family Medical Care
Sports / Orthopedics
- Comprehensive Outpatient Medical Care for Children and Adults
- Complete Preventive Health Evaluation and Screening
- Referrals for all screening tests including Mammograms, Colonoscopies, osteoporosis testing, and other tests as discussed with your provider
- Pre-employment and DOT Physicals
- Acute illness and injury care
SPECIAL EMPHASES OF PRACTICE INCLUDE:
- Preventative Health Exams and wellness promotion
- Diabetes Management
- Cardiovascular disease and hypertension management
- Disease management including thyroid, GI, depression, headache, anemia, arthritis
- Weight and Obesity Management
- Women’s Health Care
- Men’s health and fitness
- Gynecologic Services and Exams with pap smears
- Dermatologic Management and minor procedures including skin surgery and biopsy
- Sports Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Well Child and Infant Care including immunizations
- Adolescent care
- School and sport physicals
- Allergy treatment and testing
- Occupational medicine
- Travel medicine and vaccine
Well child are
- Newborn, infant, child, and adolescent care and anticipatory guidance
- Well child and school physicals
Disease management including Diabetes, obesity, and hypertension
Sport and camp physicals
Sports medicine, injury prevention, and sport injury management
- Sports/Team Physicals
- Injury Prevention
- Casting, Basic X-rays
Sports Team Physician
- For information about having our Sports Medicine Physician as YOUR team doctor, contact us.
- Joint Injections – Simvisc ®, Steroids
- Basic Fracture Management and Casting
Infusion and Immunization Services
- Reclast ®, Prolia ®, rehydration therapy
- Travel immunizations
- Childhood and adult immunizations including tetanus, TDAP, shingles, pneumonia, Flu, and Hepatitis
- Full outpatient lab services through LabCorp
- In office – Coumadin monitoring and management, glucose testing, pregnancy testing, Flu and strep testing, EKG, Holter monitoring, Spirometry, onsite X-ray, Allergy testing and allergy shots, On-site stress testing, insulin pump services, and continuous glucose monitoring
- Routine gynecology services including annual comprehensive exam with pap smear and breast screening.
- Also offered- cervical biopsies, pessaries, urinary incontinence, management of vaginal infections, Saliva testing and bio-identical hormones, family planning, pre-pregnancy counseling, Birth Control, menopause management, Gardisil ® vaccine.
- SHALLC offers DOT physicals, pre-employment physicals, drug screening, and injury management.
- For information on how your company can partner with Southern Health for the care of your employees, please contact us.